05 March 2007

Book Report!


Things are moving along quite nicely in the Dan Ward Publishing Empire, and I thought I'd provide you all with a quick update.


1) The Cornerstone Bookstore in Plattsburgh is all sold out! They asked me to send some more copies of The Boomer Sisters Meet Champy, which is always a fun request to get!


2) I spoke on the phone with Dr. Phelan Fretz, the director of the ECHO Lake Aquarium and Science Center. A lot of the action in the Champy book takes place at ECHO (or rather, below ECHO), and he sounded really excited about the book. I put a copy in the mail to him, and hopefully we'll get it stocked in the ECHO gift shop shortly. Once again, he confirmed the lack of kid's books about Lake Champlain's monster. How is it that nobody has written a book like this yet?


3) I (finally) sent a book proposal off to North Country Books. They specialize in books about New York, and while they do publish fiction, they seem to have a definite lack of kid's novels about Champy. I hope they like it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great news, Dan! Best of luck with all the continued publishing ~ can't wait to hear how it goes!

Michelle said...

Wow! Fantastic! Bestselling wishes for the whole Champy gang!