19 March 2007

Publishing Update

I'm a big fan of Google's Page Creator. From their website: "Google Page Creator is a free online tool that makes it easy for anyone to create and publish useful, attractive web pages in just minutes."

Just minutes? Really? Um, yes. In fact, I used it last night to put together a little page for my latest book, The Desert (available from Silly Hat Press, for $8.95).

Sure, I had the content pretty much put together already, and all I had to do was cut and paste it into the appropriate spots. And I still want to go back and polish & edit the site in a few places. But it's quite a nice, clean, elegant looking little website... in minutes.

The latest issue of Wired talks about the new world of "one-minute media." Turns out that description applies not only to consumption but, increasingly, also to production. It is getting easier and faster to produce good quality stuff, for a world-wide market (of course, the process of actually writing the book still takes a long time... trust me).

And appropriately enough, in this new world of micro-media, The Desert is a collection of short stories...

No comments: