16 July 2007

B3 Finished! (kinda)

Big News: I sort of surprised myself this morning, when I finished writing"The Boomer Sisters In The City." I originally thought I might have another chapter to write, but I got to a particular point and realized, wow, the story is finished.

It feels great to be done (at least with the first draft), but there's also a little sadness mixed in there. I have this weird mix of feeling a sense of accomplishment and a sense of loss. I don't remember that happening with the previous two books. Maybe because this one got more personal? Maybe because it took 45 days instead of 30, so I'm more sleep deprived?

And, of course, done doesn't mean done. I still have some editing, polishing, rewriting, etc ahead of me. Some chapters don't have chapter titles yet. There's a little bonus I'm including at the end, which isn't done yet. And then once Mandy does the artwork, I'll need to paste them in.

But... the story itself, at least in the first draft, is complete. And I only busted my 30-day deadline by 15 days... :)

Whew. I'm sleeping in tomorrow.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Awww, congratulations, Dan! :) I sure can't wait to read it!

Anonymous said...

That's big news....enjoy your late morning sleeping in tomorrow! Can't wait to read it!

Michelle said...

Congrats on getting through the draft! Enjoy the down time and best of luck with any edits, etc.