26 September 2007

So This Is Sickness...

I never get sick. I can't actually recall the last time I even had a cold. And when I do get the occasional cough or something, I just lay down for a few hours and then I'm all better.

Not this time.

Oh, I feel terrible. Fever, chills, headache, sore throat, fatigue... holy cow. I've already missed two days of work, and I'm going to miss tomorrow too. I know I'm very fortunate to have good health care (for all we complain about military health care, it's really not bad). I'm also very fortunate to have a beautiful wife here to take care of me and bring me medicine, take care of the kids, etc. And I'm fortunate that I'm able to miss work with no negative impact.

But my body sure doesn't feel very lucky right now. I know I'm not going to die or anything (it's just a cold), and maybe I'm one more example of guys being babies when they get sick, but wow, I feel awful. Back to bed for me now.

No comments: