28 September 2007

NaNoWriMo 2007???

National Novel Writing Month is coming soon (November), and I'm not sure yet if I'm going to be able to do it. Not for lack of ideas, to be sure. That's never been the problem. I just don't know what my school life will be like, how intensive the classes, homework, etc will be - and I'm not sure when / whether I'd be able to set aside some time to write 30,000+ words.

In previous NaNoWriMo's, I'd get up around 5 and write for an hour or so each day before getting myself ready for work. Now I'm getting up at 5:30 on a regular day, to grab a quick shower before the kid's wake up... and then I get them both ready for school. So yeah, I could bump it up to a 4:30 wakeup time, but even for me, that's an uncivilized hour.

My new classes start on 1 Oct, so I'll have a few weeks to try and figure out if I can make it work. My daily schedule currently appears to have time during the day when I could write, at least theoretically. But I might need all that time for homework & studying. Or maybe I'll need to take a break from Systems Engineering periodically, and a fairytale novel might be just the thing.

I hope to be able to make a decision by 15 Oct. More to follow.

(I'm just so glad I already finished the third Boomer Sisters novel - the illustrations are currently underway, and the whole thing will be ready by Christmas, if not sooner).

No comments: