20 February 2007

Snow, Snow, Snow


As most of you have probably heard, we've had a lot of snow here in Central NY lately. So, when I had to go to Albuquerque for a few days last week, I thought I'd have a chance to get away from the fluffy white stuff for a while.

Oops - guess not!

I took this picture out of the conference room window on the 5th floor of the building we were meeting in. We got about 4 inches overnight, with some locations getting 8 inches. Of course, Albuquerque has like 2 snow plows, so practially every last flake was on the road, exactly where the Good Lord put it.

Given the ubiquitous snow, I'm amazed I got home as scheduled (only a few hours late. And when I got to the airport, I was fortunate enough to only have to spend 20 minutes in 9 degree weather (not counting windchill) digging my car out of the parking lot.

Not sure if you can tell from this photo, but the snow was piled up to the window and completely blocked the door. I just wished I'd remembered to bring my gloves...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dan: what , no gloves in Albuerqurque ? I too am amazed that you made it back as fast as you did (good thing you didn't fly Jet Blue).... and then only 20 min to dig your car out with no shovel and no gloves? I didn't know that a suitcase could 'pitch-hit' for a shovel, well, in a 'pinch' ? welcome back to God's north country!....Dad

Ryan said...

Hey Dan -

Sorry Albuquerque didn't have what you expected (good weather). Colorado's been hit with bad snow, but fortunately I went on a one-month cruise with my dad, running the pottery program aboard the Princess cruise line! :) I did miss the snow, but in another sense, I really didn't miss it. Cheers!

Ryan