25 January 2007

A Poem Using Just One Word (almost) *

co-LABOR-ate
COOL-aborate
co-LAB-orate
COL-lab-OR-ate
coll-AB-o-RA-te (CADABRA)
C-oll-A-bo-R-at-E

****************************

* Someone once made the off-handed comment that you cannot write a poem just by repeating the same word over and over again. Naturally, I took that as a personal challenge (“Oh yeah? Watch me!”).

Maybe he was right, since I did add a few bits here and there (the O in COOL and the CADABRA in line 5). Still, collaborate is arguably the most important word in program management, so if I had to pick one word to write a program management poem with, that’s what it would be.

4 comments:

Mark said...

ok, I'll give it a try, too:

MANagement
maNAGement
manageMEnt
manAGEment
ManagEmEnT
manaGEMent
manageMEnT
MAnaGEment
manAgeMENt

put another way:

Man nag, me age.
Meet gem, met Mage.
Amen.

I think the first version looks cooler, but I like the feel of the second. Cool idea!

Kim said...

You two crack me up!

Dan said...

Good stuff - and I'd say the Management poem could even be limited to just the first three lines:

MANagement
maNAGement
manageMEnt

powerful stuff...

Any other ideas out there?

Steve Sherlock said...

also on a humorus note but less work oriented, you should hear Cheryl Wheeler do the Potato song to the tune of the Mexican Hat Dance. It is something you would definitely appreciate.