26 October 2006

Ohio - Here We Come!


I just found out that I was selected to go to the Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT) for something called Intermediate Developmental Education (IDE). It's a 12 month program where I'll get a masters in Air & Space Systems Engineering. Whoo-hoo!

It's an exciting opportunity, and I'm glad the AF thinks I'm worth the investment. The only bummer is the report date is 21 May... and our kids school year doesn't end until late June. So, we'll have to see what we can do about that. I would be a lot more excited if the report date was August, but we'll make it work, I'm sure.

So, it'll be interesting to be back in school again, and doubly-interesting to be at a large base for the first time in... well, for the first time ever. More to follow, I'm sure!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the joys of moving in the middle of a school year. Is your next book going to be "The Boomer Sisters and Their New School"? Or "The Boomer Sisters' Dad Goes to School"?

Congratulations! I'm psyched that you get this opportunity. It sounds very cool.

Mark said...

Hmmm.. a MAsters in Intermediate Developmental education. You're going to be a MAID? :)

Sounds like a great program! What are the chances of getting an assignment at Wright-Patt after graduating?

Dan said...

Thanks! We're definitely hoping for a follow-on to Wright-Patt, so we don't have to move again after just one year. We'll see what I'm able to arrange...

Anonymous said...

I was back at Wright Patt in September for a DAU level certification course. The digs they share with AFIT at the Research Park campus are very nice. --and ya gotta love that Air Force Museum!