24 October 2006

AFROTC @ RPI


I'm posting this entry from the Air Force ROTC detachment at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) - Det 550. I just finished presenting my Radical Elements briefing to 45 cadets (of which nearly half were freshmen!). I love being on a college campus again, and any opportunity to interact with cadets is always a blast! Haven't done the briefing in a while, so it was nice to have a chance to do it again.

RPI is about two hours away from my house, and the class started at 0800 (I showed up at 0730 to set up & meet some people). So, it was a very early morning, followed by a long, dark drive (in the rain, no less), and worth every minute. I'm heading off to grab some pizza with some of the cadets in a little while too, for a more interactive discussion about the AF & technology. Too fun! Wish I could do this sort of thing every day.

3 comments:

Mark said...

Cool! Makes me think of when you were a freshman cadet. Just a year or two ago, right? Suddenly I feel old...

Anonymous said...

Hi Dan: good job,,,,,, happy for you,,,,, you are definitly 'in your element' teaching ROTC cadets on a college campus......go for it! Dad

Dan said...

You feel old? Try being the old Major in a group of cadets... :)