12 July 2005

What I'm Reading

As usual, I've got a collection of books that I'm in the middle of... and I thought I'd give ya a peek behind the curtain:

The Prophet, by Kahlil Gibran. Gibran was a mystic, poet, philosopher and artist from Lebanon. He wrote this one in 1923 (I love old books)

The Book of Five Rings, by Miyamoto Musashi. A classic book on military strategy, written by a Japanese samurai who died in 1645 (did I mention I like old books?).

How Ronald Reagan Changed My Life, by Peter Robinson (former presidential speechwriter). A very affectionate biography of Reagan, full of autobiographical info about Robinson and and interesting look at some of the big events of the 80's (i.e. the end of the cold war...).

The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt, by Edward Morris. Just got this one in the mail, so I haven't actually started it yet, but I'm a huge fan of Teddy R and can't wait to dive in.

No comments: