19 October 2007

Consumption & Production

Keith Giles has a great post on his Subversive website, about consumerism and personal identity. One line that really stood out to me was this:

Unlike the artisan who could express his or her identity through the things s/he created, we have learned to do so through the things we buy.

Wow. It's one of those things I think I knew, but hadn't seen put quite that way before. Another part of the post reminded me of my favorite definition of leadership (by Kevin Cashman): Leadership is authentic self expression that produces value.

And then there's this great little video on how to make "Mug Eggs" in the microwave in 2 minutes. I made them for Beth the other morning, and she loved them. It's fun to watch eggs cook in the microwave.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dan,

Sounds like you're workin' too hard if you have to cook your eggs in the Micro-Wave. What happened to the good old egg frying pan on top of the gas burner?

Mark Alford