03 April 2007

Desert Artwork

As I mentioned previously, I've continued to play around with paint occasionally (very, very occasionally), and recently jumped from watercolors to acrylics. It's quite a different experience from watercolors, and I think I like it better. Acrylics dry very quickly, so I've got to paint fast, which is probably good, since I'm doing these in 30 minute increments, during my lunch breaks.

Anyway, I did a few little "meditations in paint," based on stories from my latest book, The Desert. It's strictly amateur hour, and the end result is admittedly unrefined and raw, and not necessarily in a good way. Still, I had fun doing it, and am mostly pleased with how they came out. And Churchill was right - you really can't think about anything else when you're painting.

You can see all six of the paintings from The Desert on my Desert Artwork page.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very awesome! You have a great sense of color. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm quite impressed!

Dan said...

Thanks! I don't know what a sense of color is - I'm just playing around - but thanks!